Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to report on primary key in one file and not the other when doing a field comparison

pderwa12
8 - Asteroid

I have a simple workflow where I am comparing one file to another file in order to see the changes that were made between the two files.  Alteryx is only picking up the records where there is a match on the primary key. I want the output to show me all the changes, even if there is no match on the primary key.  What do I need to do to fix this.  Here is a snapshot of my workflow.  Is there a formula I can add that will show all primary key fields even if they do not all exist in the new file or vice versa?

pderwa12_0-1649942615805.png

12 REPLIES 12
pderwa12
8 - Asteroid

Actually, the only records I am interested in seeing are those records where there is not a match between the amounts associated with the PO; including when a PO number/value exist in one file and not the other.  My current workflow shows all the records where there a match between the PO numbers and then calculates the difference between the values of each PO.  I don't need to see the POs where these is a match between the PO amount in one file and the PO amount in the other file.  I only want to see the PO number and its values when a match does not exist in the two comparison files.  That could be if there is a match between the PO numbers but the values are different or a PO exists in one file and has a value and the PO does not exist at all in the other file.  I want to see all of those.

pderwa12
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I was able to get it to work using this latest diagram.  Thank you very much.  This is what my workflow looks like now:

pderwa12_0-1649948664136.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@pderwa12 good to know that you figured it out

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels