Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get Render tool to group data into separate reports after a Visual Layout tool

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

I need help all!   If I have one Table tool that is then connected to a Render tool, there is an option to "Group Data Into Separate Reports" to create a separate file per location.  However, since I need a header and the table with the information stacked, I have created two tables that is then fed into a Visual Layout tool before the Render tool.  Now I can't figure out how to get separate reports by location created.  I essentially want each report to have the header and only information for one location.  So one report for Los Angeles, one report for New York and one report for London.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.  

I've attached my sample workflow.  

Report photo.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Hi nsessa

I think I am running into the exact same issue as you describe here. I have a data set and want to generate a separate report for each row of the output. The report is created with the visual output tool however. The data table are a part of that and the Render tool keeps giving a [No Valid Fields] error. I am guessing because of the Visual Layout tool. 

Alternative I guess would be to split the data row by row first and have each row generate the report after that, but I would very much appreciate any help.

So, 

- how to split an output file into seperate rows and then, regardless how many rows that are (can be 2, can be 40)

- generate a report that is created with the Visual Layout tool per each file/row.

Greenlama254_0-1671620812119.png

Greenlama254_1-1671620817814.png

Thanks in advance everybody!

Roger

Labels