Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to find difference between time in seconds

AshokBhatt
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I tried to find difference between time in seconds but unable to. Could you please suggest what should be the best way to find difference.

I was using DateTimeDiff() function.

Regards,

18 REPLIES 18
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Chris - we'll have that patched up in a future release!

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

For Alteryx to perform any datetime function the accepted format needs to be YYYY-mm-dd HH-mm-ss. You will therefore need to append a placeholder date to the front of the HH-mm-ss you currently have in your data. I tested this and it gives you the results in seconds once the placeholder date has been added. 

Just reach out if you have any other questions.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Thanks Jordan - yes thanks we solved, this was a cross-post of this thread. http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/How-to-find-difference-between-time-in-sec...

colleen_s_fresh
5 - Atom

Is there a way you could show your statement that you used in the workflow for the date difference?  I can't open your workbook because its a newer version and it will probablly take IT days to upgrade my version.

Much appreciated!

AshokBhatt
7 - Meteor

Sure.

PFA screenshot of workflow and workflow in previous version too. Trust this helps.

TimeDiff.png

AshokBhatt
7 - Meteor

TimeDiff.png

colleen_s_fresh
5 - Atom

Thanks for responding.  I realized the issue I was having is that I had coded "d" for days like you do in Excel and Alteryx requires "days".

nicks10
6 - Meteoroid

Great thanks for that. If a less convoluted solution emerges, please do advise!

vartika31
6 - Meteoroid

What if we want to get the difference in hh:mm:ss format (instead of only hours or minutes or seconds? How do we get that?

Labels