Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to edit a TXT with empty spaces and make alteryx respect them?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Good morning everyone 🙂

I'm trying to edit a TXT that have blank spaces, which MUST exist. The TXT file contains this type of structure:

Joker_Hazard_0-1624900370113.png

As you can see, each blank space represents a position(In the example Sel: 3, means 3 positions) and the file contains plenty of them. 

I tried separating each array of empty spaces with commas, to use it as delimiters in the input tool and it did work out. However, when I try to output this information, as a TXT, the array of empty spaces are not outputed.

Joker_Hazard_1-1624901073940.png

I know there is a workaround which would make me put in the blank spaces the number "0" and at the end substitute each "0" for an empty space. That works as well, but I have nearly 500 lines so that makes the work impossible to finish.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thank you so much 🙂

Just a quick question, would it be possible to do the same thing with all lines of this file?

Joker_Hazard_0-1625064131690.png

I mean, I just have to use the same configurations that you used on the workflow and output them line per line and join them at the end right?

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Joker_Hazard 

The only thing you need to do is to make sure the Input file contains all the records. If you have 10 records, then you will have 10 output rows.

You can do this by:

1) Slow way: copy and paste data into the TextInput tool ... 

2) Faster way: replace the Text Input tool with an Input tool, and point the tool to the file that you want to use as input.
Cheer,

Dawn.

Labels