Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I use the Detour Tool to flow to more than two paths?

cgarcia0622
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create an app that asks what level of detail you would like to see the data. I have four total options, each that need to be calculated a different way. I have figured out how to do it exactly as I need but with only 2 options and paths, left and right. Is there a way I can make this work with four paths that asks me the level of detail on one dialog box?   A solution with or without utilizing the detour tool is fine.

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
cgarcia0622
7 - Meteor

Hey again Andrew,

I though I had this all figured out but it seems like I am missing the final step, saving!

The app functions as it should but after it produces the file and I designate where to save it, the file never appears on my desktop like I specified. The data pops up in a temporary window but never saves the actual file. 

CoG
13 - Pulsar

What are the configurations for your File Browse, Output tools, and the Action Tools (Or just one set since I assume they are equivalent)?

CoG
13 - Pulsar

I got it to work with a Folder Browse Tool instead of a File Browse Tool, but I do not know if that would satisfy your requirements:

Screenshot 2.png

cgarcia0622
7 - Meteor

I seem to be experiencing the same issue where everything will run fine but there's no file or shortcut that gets created.

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Are you getting an error or warning? Did you use the Formula I used in the action tool to update the folder path of the output file? I did get an error if I opened the output and then tried to finish the application. Not sure if this is happening for you. More information would be handy. I know troubleshooting can be a real headache.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels