Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I replace a null value after joining fields.

Daniel_Figueredo
7 - Meteor

Hello all!

So here is my issue. I'm working on a workflow that receives a .txt as the input, I need to break these fields acording to its position at the file (substring) and its header (1st position of each row of my input), because based on the header each row has a different meaning.

Thing is, if the header is  "3", then that row refers to a transaction (there can be as many of these rows on succession as need be) and if the header is "5", then that is the end of the transaction group above.

The rows that contain 5 as its header has a value that amounts to the status of the transactions above, and I need to extract that value and add it to the rows he is representing. I've tried using the union tool but it ended up creating a new "status" (this field doesn't exist on 3 rows) field.

I have already managed to input the file and break it using substring, but I can't figure out how to look for the end of a "transaction group" and replace the values. 

I'm adding a sample .txt that represents my issue and a sample of the workflow aswell. Unfortunately I can't provide the true workflow nor the data due to it being proprietary.

I hope you guys were able to understand what I meant.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Daniel_Figueredo 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1606931151660.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1606931165237.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Daniel_Figueredo 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

Labels