Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Regex

taylor_made
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello all, 

I got stuck on this particular issue and thought I would ping the community for help.

I have a situation where one record in excel represents an issue. There is one cell that is continuously updated with new notes.as different agents weigh in and process the issue. The notes are always added in the front of a cell. So for an example, I might have a cell that looks like this:

3/21/2022 TP - I created the new order form based on Amanda's notes from last week. 3/19/2022 AK - I reviewed the order form with the fulfillment team. The SKUs were incorrect and a new form needs to be updated. 3/17/2022  RM - My customer had an issue with their order form. Reached out to Amanda in order to see what the issue could be. 

Where the two capital letters represent the agent who created the note. 

What I need to do is parse out the most recent notes from this cell each time it is updated. So the cell above should read "3/21/2022 TP - I created the new order form based on Amanda's notes from last week". Any ideas on how to get only the first piece of the notes out? 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@taylor_made based on my understanding 

binuacs_0-1647882233747.png

taylor_made
Alteryx
Alteryx

@binuacs  not quite; my cell starts with the entire entry of "3/21/2022 TP - I created the new order form based on Amanda's notes from last week. 3/19/2022 AK - I reviewed the order form with the fulfillment team. The SKUs were incorrect and a new form needs to be updated. 3/17/2022  RM - My customer had an issue with their order form. Reached out to Amanda in order to see what the issue could be."

And I need the output to be "3/21/2022 TP - I created the new order form based on Amanda's notes from last week."

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @taylor_made 

My Regex-Fu isn't strong enough to do it all in one statement, but this workflow does it

danilang_0-1647885626874.png

danilang_1-1647885654138.png

It prepends a "|" to all the dates in the input aside from the first one and then splits on the "|".  A side benefit is that the intermediate result is a chronological list of all the comments

Dan

taylor_made
Alteryx
Alteryx

@danilang that is the piece I was missing, thank you so much!

Labels