Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with IIIF Statement

CDIns
8 - Asteroid

I have three blank columns, 1,2 &3. 

I am doing a Join tool to populate columns 1 & 2. If both of these columns come back as "NONE", I'd like to have column 3 populated with "OK". If either column 1 or 2 has something other than "NONE", I'd like column 3 to populate as "No"

Currently I have as follows:

IIF(([Column1]="NONE" AND [column2]="NONE"),"OK",[Column3])

This is working for the first part of my condition but leaves the field blank or null for the records that do have something other than "NONE" in column 1 or 2. 

Can somebody please help me finished my IIF statement? 

Thank you, 

5 REPLIES 5
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Try this in the formula tool 

If [Column1]="NONE" AND [column2]="NONE" then "OK" else "No" endif

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@CDIns - just change [Column3] to "No" in your expression

CDIns
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! Is there any good resources on here for me to kind of understand how excel formulas such as IFs or SUMIFS are written in Alteryx? 

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@CDIns have you tried this https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/functions/conditional-functions.html  ?

Also if these work please mark them as a solution (you can mark more than one as a solution)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels