Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Find & replace tool with two columns

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Hello,

My first time posting to the community and I was looking for some help.

I want to complete two columns, Value1 and Value2 with the values from key value table. I use the Find & Replace tool and the Union tool but I don't get to place the two values in a line.

Thank you all

The table to complete:

Item1

Item2

Value1

Value2

Fruits

Apple

Fruits

Banana

Vegetable

Tomato

Vegetable

Carrot

Spice

Salt

Spice

Sugar

Drink

Mik

Drink

Water

The key value table is:

Item

Value

Apple

B

Banana

A

Tomato

A

Carrot

B

Salt

B

Sugar

A

Mik

B

Water

A

Fruits

A

Vegetable

A

Spice

A

Drink

B

This is my result with duplicates. I would like to have the values in a line.

Charcho_0-1679566260368.png

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Charcho Instead of union tool use the join tool and select the join by record position option and u select unwanted columns from the join tool

Charcho
7 - Meteor

Thank you @binuacs, it works correctly in the example I have put. However I work with a big dataset, and it doesn't work correctly because in some cells the value is mixed from the other item, i.e., in Value2 appears a value from Item1 and vice versa. Could it be due to record position option? there would be other way? Thank you

Charcho
7 - Meteor
SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

Feed the result of one find/replace into the other.

SPetrie_1-1679581484777.png

Charcho
7 - Meteor

@binuacs , @SPetrieI , I have checked everything again and both solutions work perfectly. I was stuck in some wrong values and finally detected that I had selected 'Any Part of Field' in Find Section area... I changed it to 'Entire Field' and it works perfectly! Thank you

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels