Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help on parsing output data

Sohdaw
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I'm pretty new to Alteryx. Essentially i have a link that i will download data from daily. It gives me data in this form:

[{"ColumnA":12345,"ColumnB":"name1","ColumnC":"X","RefDate":"DD-MMM-YYYY","ColumnE":"message"},

{"ColumnA":23495,"ColumnB":"name2","ColumnC":"Y","RefDate":"DD-MMM-YYYY","ColumnE":"message"},

etc

{"ColumnA":12345,"ColumnB":"name1","ColumnC":"X","RefDate":"DD-MMM-YYYY","ColumnE":"message"}]

There can be a difference in the number of rows daily. 

Can you help  advise what Alteryx tool i should use to parse my data to get them into  an  excel which has the column headings A-E and RefData at the top, with the data at the bottom equal to the number of rows? 

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@Sohdaw 

How should your output look like? can you give us a sample?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Sohdaw 

Can you please paste the sample output expected. Will be easy to work on it.

Can you help  advise what Alteryx tool i should use to parse my data to get them into  an  excel which has the column headings A-E and RefData at the top, with the data at the bottom equal to the number of rows? 

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Sohdaw ,

You will need a JSON parse tool and then a series of reporting tools. Please see my attached workflow.

test.png

test workflow.png

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Sohdaw 

What should your output look like (how would you like to parse this out)?

You can use text to columns or regex. Please see the links below on how to use the tools.

Regex: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/regex-tool

Text to Columns: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/text-columns-tool

Hope this helps! Please like the post if it does. 

Sohdaw
8 - Asteroid

This worked! Thanks for enlightening @martinding

Labels