Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help! Macro output is different from what it actually calculated

Bont
7 - Meteor

Hi all,
So I have this macro which is a loop structure. I have noticed a case on my final output that disrespects one of my conditions.
After a thorough investigation, when I was certain that all my conditions were right, I started playing this macro and saving output after output until the case that I was investigating met all the conditions and was taken out of this loop structure macro, all good so far (attached file "Macro output - right values")
But when I looked at the macro output on the main workflow for this specific case, I found that the values were different already (attached file "Macro output on the main workflow - different values"). What is the most strange thing is that those values are random for the most part and weren't there even from the beggining. There isn't a single case in my workflow that those number could be under 4 and those are even lower.
Is this an error? somebody help please :)

11 REPLIES 11
amti
7 - Meteor

I confirm this.

I had a similar issue. After hours and hours struggling to get this running fine!

Basically, I also suspected that the first 2 actions for create table and select * from table were not being correctly updated since they had similar names:

- TABLE1

- TABLE_NAME

I changed them for:

- {PARAM1}

- {TARGET}

and it's working now. Which means, we might as well use names that are not closed to reserved ones like TABLE or names that derive from each other? I don't really now.😑

jeremyrawlings
5 - Atom

I can also confirm this. 

I had a variable enter the macro called Month, then in the macro recalculate a new variable Month. Output was messed up. if I ran the macro as a test workflow it functioned correctly. 

To solve this I renamed the calculated variable in the macro to Month_new. I then renamed it in the report I generate to be Month. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels