Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Grouping/Replacing Rows

mallieteal21
6 - Meteoroid

Hoping someone can help me with a grouping/formula issue I'm having with the attached data set. I want to group the rows by employee ID so there's only 1 row per employee, and essentially replace any N with a Y if an employee has an MBA, Bach, and/or Associates identified in any of the rows.  

I originally used a summarize tool and tried grouping by employee ID but that created additional rows since the value is different in each row. 

Any suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2
JBLove
10 - Fireball

@mallieteal21 -

You can use a Summarize Tool to group by employee ID, and then use the Concat aggregate function o the field whether the Education level values are stored to generate a list of the Education Level values in a single fie.  From there you could use a formula tool to  assign the "Y" or "N" based on that education level attained.

mallieteal21
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels