Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Header Rename/Dynamic Rename?

J-Riedel
Asteroid

HI,

After using the Cross Tab Tool, I need a way to rename some of the column headers, but the quirk here is that I will have new columns each month that I am hoping I can automatically have renamed (don't want to have to maintenance the process each month).

Here is my process:

JRiedel_0-1627501793631.png

Here is a sample of the Summarization that is then transposed So the 'ParmMon' becomes the header:

JRiedel_1-1627501881834.png

I would like a way to rename the "0", "1", etc. to "SharesM0", SharesM2", etc., and then for next month when month 7 is now added, I will need it to automatically update the "7" to "shares M7" and so on for each month.

Anyway of doing this?

Thanks!

Jan

• Help
2 ANTWORTEN 2
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel ,

Please find attached a sample workflow to showcase how you can possible implement this functionality.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

J-Riedel
Asteroid

HI JagdeeshN

Thank you for the solution.  I was able to simplify it in my process, but your suggestion helped direct me to the answer.

I was able to just insert a Formula Tool in-between the Summarize and Cross Tab and use the formula "SharesM"+tostring([ParmMon]) to add a new column with the "SharesM#". 

JRiedel_0-1627504797937.png

JRiedel_1-1627504817355.png

Then in the Cross Tab, changed the Column Headers to the new Shares Month from my old ParmMon. 

JRiedel_2-1627504864643.png

End result:

JRiedel_3-1627504890314.png

Works like a charm!

Thank you!

Beschriftungen