Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Having trouble matching vendor numbers when joining two tables

RyanBastien
5 - Atom

Trying to match one vendor id to the other vendor id of the other dataset. I have tried formulas, join, fuzzy match all to no avail. This is through work so the info is no what I show in the photo. I made a similar formatted dataset, left side is the two data fields and the right is how I would like it to look. 

thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
RyanBastien
5 - Atom

Forgot to mention it comes from two data sets

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@RyanBastien Are you getting any error when you match with the vendor_id and the sid?

RyanBastien
5 - Atom

this is from my alteryx. the SID and complete vendor id (includes USD on the end for all but the first 6 match) match but the vendor id is just pulling another one from the database.  I wish I could share the actual data set. What I need is all the ids to match.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@RyanBastien Are you sure that no duplicate records in your data set?

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Maybe you could help export some data over or even your workflow...?

To export a workflow go to: Options > Export Workflow. Kindly do NOT send a "Save As" copy.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels