Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

HTML Passthrough for PCXML not working

MinaGO3
8 - Asteroid

Using Designer 2020.3.
Workflows containing htmlpassthrough in PCXML which use to work (in 2019.1) now return blanks for me. All forum examples of htmlpassthrough also do not work.

MinaGO3_1-1603117228943.png

I can't even get something as simple as this to work:
<htmlpassthrough>
<![CDATA[
<html>
<p>Hello World</p>
</html>
]]>
</htmlpassthrough>

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've found that if you turn off the Validate PCXML then it will render correctly into a temporary HTML file.

For the trivial case:

<p>Hello World</p>

renders correctly in both.

Does seem to be an issue in newer versions (the validate issue has been around for a couple of versions). 

MinaGO3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, this was driving me mad why some of my workflows didn't work upon upgrade.

MinaGO3
8 - Asteroid

Actually, one thing is still a bit buggy if you might have an idea @jdunkerley79 , if I try and use that text object as the body of an email, it still returns blank.

Seems to have been brought up prior in this comment here: 
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Email-Tool-Enhancement-Reporting-Palette/idc...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels