Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group Data Into Separate PAGES (Render tool)

staskarchevskiy
5 - Atom

Hi, I've built a workflow that aggregates invoice data by vendor and outputs a number of PDF files (one for each vendor) using Render tool's "Group Data Into Separate Reports" checkbox. What I'd like to do instead is output everything into ONE pdf file but each new Vendor Name will start on a separate page. Sample workflow attached.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

you don't want a join - you want a union. You have two columns Vendor and your report snippets. You then use summarize in group by mode on your vendor and join your report snippets into one report. Then you use layout with vertical section breaks and send to render.

See the attached. Note - you can control the order/layout of the report snippets in the union tool by setting the order in the lower left of the configuration pane. I have it as manually configure fields - but it's probably easier to use a select tool to get them in vendor/report order and then union by position.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @staskarchevskiy 

Consider configuring your final render tool per below.

Please mark this as an acceptable solution if it works for you - Cheers!

RobertOdera_0-1677128519607.png

staskarchevskiy
5 - Atom

Thank you both! The simple tweak in the render tool config worked perfectly, can't believe I missed that. Thanks again.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You're most welcome @staskarchevskiy 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels