Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google sheets input: Selecting sheet is cumbersome?

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

When I use the Google Sheets input tool it asks me to select a spreadsheet from a drop-down of hundreds of sheets that dont seem to be in any particular order. This is a little cumbersome when dealing with lots of Google Sheets inputs.

Is the drop-down literally a list of every sheet I have access to? Or something else. Is there a way I can browse through the Google Drive structure instead?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Also when outputting to a Google Sheet I dont seem to have a choice in where the output file is created

wdavis
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Carluccio555 

With the current connector, it is not possible to generate a more detailed structured view of the Google Drive. When selecting both a workbook and worksheet, it will allow you to free type into the box which will assist with the search, but does require you to know the workbook / sheet you want to pull in.

In terms of flexibility, all of the Connectors are built as Macros, which means you can see how they've been configured underneath and if you wanted to, you could look to make changes to this. This however, is quite a complex process without knowing what information Google make available.

I'd suggest adding your feedback onto this page which will be beneficial for our dev team when improving connectors - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Google-Sheets-Tools/ta-p/877888

Kind regards,

Will

Labels