Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula Question

Aaron_Bowen
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I was wondering if there is a way to pull all values from a field into a formula. For instance: [FIELD] IN ("[ALL VALUES]"). i want to use an app with a textbox, but if the textbox is empty I want to pass all of the values. Otherwise, I would use the textbox value to replace the "[ALL VALUES" portion of the formula. 

Thanks, 

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@Aaron_Bowen is all values the name of one of your fields or is it shorthand representing all fields in your data set?

Aaron_Bowen
7 - Meteor

It is shorthand for ALL Values in the field. The field contains many, many values that change frequently. 

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

You can use a summarize tool to create an all values field by concatenating the field to form a single string. Then you can append this field to your data set and use your in function with the [all values] field that you created. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels