Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Flat file saved as a zip file

mehbpar
Meteoro

Hello All.

I am trying to extract data from this zip file attached as a text file so i can process the file for further use, however i am not able to turn the zip file into .txt file. 

I have tried using the .zip format in Alteryx , also saving it as .csv and changing the option to say allow file >2gb.

can someone please help me get this file from .zip to .txt in such a way that i can then run the fixed width file logic.

Thank you In Advance,

Mehul 

7 RESPUESTAS 7
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mehbpar - is there a reason you can't use the CSV option? You should be able to parse through your column ingesting it as a CSV.

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is an article where another user has utilized CSV option with pipe delimiter: Reading txt from zip 

Emmanuel_G
Púlsar

@mehbpar 

Find in attachement one way of extracting data from this zip file and export it in .txt file.

Is it what you want to do ?

Let me know if there is any issue.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664198526659.png

mehbpar
Meteoro

Hello Dana,

IT does not work as the .zip file is actually stored as .flat file then needs to be converted to .txt

SO i need to take the zip file extract as .flat file then open as .txt file 

mehbpar
Meteoro

it looks like it is my mistake in posting the question, my file is actually zip to flat to txt. But since it is a company file i could not save it as is. 

Can u please help me with the same but with zip to .flat file to .txt

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mehbpar what do you mean "the .zip is actually stored as a flat file?" What I'm hearing is that you want to read in a .zip and output to a .txt. What is not working? Can you send the error or description of the issue? Also attach you workflow?

dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

dana_mcdonough_0-1664199308494.pngdana_mcdonough_1-1664199345923.png

Etiquetas