Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find all the relevant columns in Alteryx

learnalteryx
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I've received an Alteryx workflow that consists of over 150 columns. However, upon further examination, I've discovered that many of these columns are unnecessary. Additionally, some of the columns have undergone transformations during the workflow. My objective is to retain only the relevant output and eliminate all the unnecessary columns.

Could you please provide guidance on how to trace and identify the relevant fields? I would greatly appreciate your assistance in removing the unwanted columns and preserving only the essential ones by doing some kind of traceability. In excel we have a similar feature to find the precedence .

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Can you provide more detail on how you know which columns you want to keep and remove? There are a variety of ways to do this. Field Info tool is one way then union the workflow against that tool once its been Crosstabbed. Another way is to create a template of what you want the output to look like and union against the template, which will bring only the relevant fields into the final flow. This wont work as well if your fields are dynamic though.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels