Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter columns based on a condition

siiddd
5 - Atom

I have simplified my problem as simple as possible. Any help is much appreciated guys :)

I have 2 excel files A and B.

A has columns X, Y and Z. 

B has columns X, Y.

I want to create an Alteryx Workflow that picks up the common columns between A and B and create C with values for X and Y.

Note: (The Values for X and Y in C must be from A)

Basically, I am trying to use the columns names in B as filter for the columns to be displayed in A.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@siiddd would you be able to provide some sample input file and expected output result

siiddd
5 - Atom

Sure. Please find the files attached.

Now A has the columns - Name, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

B has the columns - Maths and Physics.

Now what I want to implement is that, Since B has only columns Maths and Physics. A should be made to display only Maths and Physics columns.

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@siiddd 

Here is my solution. Trick herein is to first transpose both data into vertical shape, and join(to filter corresponding header name), and revert to horizontal shape by cross-tab. I put Record ID so that original order can e retrieved at the end of process. 

image.pngimage.png

For your reference, I attach yxzp.

siiddd
5 - Atom

This was what I was looking for. Thank you :)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels