Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File name with Date (Multiple sheets)

Hi, I am creating a file that has multiple tabs/sheets.

The file name should have a date appended to it.

However, I cannot seem to do so by overwriting the output file.

I tried doing the Overwrite file and Overwrite Sheet options paired with "Take File/Table Name From Field" option using a formula to specify the file name but it still doesn't seem to work. I'm lost, can you help me out?

For context-

Alteryx will write to this template file i have called: "File Name"  for the purpose of illustration. This file already contains the 4 sheets namely: ZZ, AA, BB, CC which Alteryx should fill-in (overwrite) with the updated data every time the workflow is ran on a weekly basis.

For each of the sheet, I have set the following (Output Tool):

1st sheet: Sheet Name: "ZZ"

Output Option: Overwrite Sheet or Range (Remove)

2nd sheet: Sheet Name: "AA"

3rd sheet: Sheet Name: "BB"

4th sheet: Sheet Name: "CC"

Output Option: Overwrite Sheet or Range (Remove) (also tried Overwrite File (Remove))

Ticked "Take File/Table Name From Field"

Change Entire File Path

Field Containing the File Name or Part of File Name is the formula I have set to "FileName"

The formula "FileName" reads as:

"File Name "
+ DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),0,'day'),'%Y%m%d')
+ ".xlsx|||CC"

3 REPLIES 3
Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi, can you explain how other files you are writing are named? first 3 files with sheet name ZZ, AA, BB?

Basically my template file already has the 4 sheets named as such.

Also, on the Write to File or Database field in the Output data, the file path goes: C:\Users\xxxx\yyyy\Documents\Alteryx\Output\File Name.xlsx|||ZZ

The same applies to sheets AA, BB, and CC.

Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

Does your template already named like filename_todaysdate? Because as per your screenshot you are using formula of filename only for one of the output, just add same filename formula to all the output...

Labels