Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File name with Date (Multiple sheets)

Hi, I am creating a file that has multiple tabs/sheets.

The file name should have a date appended to it.

However, I cannot seem to do so by overwriting the output file.

I tried doing the Overwrite file and Overwrite Sheet options paired with "Take File/Table Name From Field" option using a formula to specify the file name but it still doesn't seem to work. I'm lost, can you help me out?

For context-

Alteryx will write to this template file i have called: "File Name"  for the purpose of illustration. This file already contains the 4 sheets namely: ZZ, AA, BB, CC which Alteryx should fill-in (overwrite) with the updated data every time the workflow is ran on a weekly basis.

For each of the sheet, I have set the following (Output Tool):

1st sheet: Sheet Name: "ZZ"

Output Option: Overwrite Sheet or Range (Remove)

2nd sheet: Sheet Name: "AA"

3rd sheet: Sheet Name: "BB"

4th sheet: Sheet Name: "CC"

Output Option: Overwrite Sheet or Range (Remove) (also tried Overwrite File (Remove))

Ticked "Take File/Table Name From Field"

Change Entire File Path

Field Containing the File Name or Part of File Name is the formula I have set to "FileName"

The formula "FileName" reads as:

"File Name "
+ DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),0,'day'),'%Y%m%d')
+ ".xlsx|||CC"

3 REPLIES 3
Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi, can you explain how other files you are writing are named? first 3 files with sheet name ZZ, AA, BB?

Basically my template file already has the 4 sheets named as such.

Also, on the Write to File or Database field in the Output data, the file path goes: C:\Users\xxxx\yyyy\Documents\Alteryx\Output\File Name.xlsx|||ZZ

The same applies to sheets AA, BB, and CC.

Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

Does your template already named like filename_todaysdate? Because as per your screenshot you are using formula of filename only for one of the output, just add same filename formula to all the output...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels