Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel to Alteryx Formulae

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

Please help me to convert this Excel formula to the Alteryx formula.

=IF([Start Date]>Quote!$B$6, IF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IF([New End Date]-[Today]>1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12), ""))

Regards,

Alwin

9 REPLIES 9
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

I see the formula can be used directly as below.

If Quote relates to same row, use the Formula tool

IF([Start Date]>[Quote], IF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IF([New End Date]-[Today]>1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12), ""))

If Quote relates to another row like Row-1, use the Multifield formula tool.

IF([Start Date]>[Row-1: Quote], IF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IF([New End Date]-[Today]>1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12), ""))

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@allwynbazil  if the field Quote!$B$6 is constant you can add it directly into the formula.

=IIF([Start Date]> Quote!$B$6, IIF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IIF([New End Date]-[Today]>1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12), ""))

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs by mistake, I accepted as a solution😀. But definitely I would have done it later.

Sorry I dint get the formula. Can we convert into Alteryx If formula? Quote B6 is nothing but [Today]. Appreciate your help.

allwynbazil_0-1675087366686.png

regards,

Alwin

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@allwynbazil  you can remove the mark from the solution, Alteryx should work with IF then Else End and IIF() formula, I used the second one

binuacs_0-1675087700538.png

the given formula should work. Can you try

=IIF([Start Date]> [ToDay], IIF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IIF([New End Date]-[Today]>1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12), ""))

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ShankerV . Can we convert my formula to Alteryx formula as applying the same formula is not working?

allwynbazil_0-1675087828149.png

Regards,

Alwin

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@allwynbazil Just noticed that you are using the date fields, you need to use DateTimeDiff() function to calculate the difference in days

=IIF([Start Date]> [ToDay], IIF([No of days]>1094, ([Extend Price]*0.12), ""), IIF(DateTimeDiff([New End Date],[Today]) >1094, ([AnnList_Price]*([DateTimeDiff(New End Date],[Today])/365)*0.12), ""))

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please use the below formula..

IF([Start Date]>[Today] AND [No of days]>1094)
THEN [Extend Price]*0.12
ELSEIF([New End Date]-[Today])>1094
THEN ([AnnList_Price]*([New End Date]-[Today]/365)*0.12)
ELSE ""
ENDIF

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

I think "=" not required before IIF in the formula. Correct me if am wrong.

allwynbazil_0-1675088616229.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Yes, = is not required here in Alteryx

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels