Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error on DataHealth tool - Checked log and apparently I'm missing the kaleido library

EnglishmaninNY
8 - Asteroid

I'm getting an error using the Data Health in the Intelligence Suite:

"Unexpected error occurred in plugin please see log file"

Results do show on the scores output but nothing on the Report and Outliers.

I've check the log file and apparently I'm missing the kaleido library:

"The kaleido executable is required by the kaleido Python library, but it was not included
in the Python package and it could not be found on the system PATH."

I think I have a pretty vanilla out of the box install so am suprised anything is missing. I suspect the library is needed for the graphics shown on the report output.

How do I fix?

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
15 - Aurora

@EnglishmaninNY 
will you be able to upload sample workflow?

EnglishmaninNY
8 - Asteroid

Screenshot 2024-05-24 103922.png

The log file shows:

"

2024-05-24 09:13:55,214 ERROR
The kaleido executable is required by the kaleido Python library, but it was not included
in the Python package and it could not be found on the system PATH.

Searched for included kaleido executable at:
C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\envs\IntelligenceSuite_venv\Lib\site-packages\kaleido\executable\kaleido

Searched for executable 'kaleido' on the following system PATH:

"

The file goes on to list other places it searches for the library and which lines it calls the library.

I think I can post the rest of the log file if helpful.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@EnglishmaninNY 
Try this

The error you're encountering in Alteryx's Data Health tool from the Intelligence Suite is due to the missing Kaleido library, which is used for rendering static images of interactive plots created with Plotly. This library is indeed necessary for generating the visual reports.

Here are steps to fix the issue:

Install Kaleido Library:

If you have administrative access to the system where Alteryx is installed, you can manually install the Kaleido library.
You will need to install it in the environment where Alteryx's Python is running.
Here are the steps to install the Kaleido library:

a. Locate the Python environment used by Alteryx:
- Alteryx installs its own Python environment. Typically, it can be found in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3 or a similar path depending on your installation.

b. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:
- Navigate to the Scripts directory in the Alteryx Python environment. For example:
sh cd C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Scripts

c. Install Kaleido:
- Use the pip tool from this directory to install the Kaleido library:
sh .\pip install kaleido

Add Kaleido to PATH:

Ensure that the Kaleido executable is on the system PATH so that it can be found by the Python environment used by Alteryx.
To add Kaleido to the PATH, follow these steps:

a. Download the Kaleido executable:
- Go to the Kaleido releases page and download the appropriate version for your operating system.

b. Extract the files:
- Extract the downloaded files to a directory (e.g., C:\kaleido).

c. Add Kaleido to PATH:
- Open the Start menu, search for "Environment Variables," and select "Edit the system environment variables."
- In the System Properties window, click the "Environment Variables" button.
- Under "System variables," find the "Path" variable, select it, and click "Edit."
- Click "New" and add the path to the Kaleido executable directory (e.g., C:\kaleido).
- Click OK to close all dialogs.

Restart Alteryx:

After installing the Kaleido library and updating the PATH variable, restart Alteryx to ensure the changes take effect.
Verify Installation:

Run the Data Health tool again to see if the error is resolved and the reports and outliers are now generated correctly.

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@Raj have you tested this method? as your response seems  to read very like AI generated text?

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Deano478 not tested this, that's the reason i asked to give it a try.

EnglishmaninNY
8 - Asteroid

So I installed the library but the second part I found confusing. In the end I copied the files I installed and put into a separate folder and then change the environment variables to link to the same. When I rerun the workflow just seems to go into an endless loop. I was able to eliminate that by changing back the environmental variables but I'm still getting the error.

Perhaps I needed to the download the Kaleido from the website but I couldn't figure out how to unpack the wheel file.

Labels