Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Message comparing Date Interface Tool

bobbybalan
7 - Meteor

How can we compare two Date Interface tools and display the error in a Error Message tool. I would like to add an error message where if the user enters a value in Date 1 greater than Date 2 then show message 'Date 1 must be smaller than Date 2'. I am not sure how I can get connection to both Date tools in a single Error Message. Thanks.

Error Message Interface.png

2 REPLIES 2
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@bobbybalan - you're almost there! Just connect both date inputs into the same Error Message tool.

Then, you can use the connection number (e.g. [#1]) in your formula.
Note: make sure to pay attention to the connection numbers (highlighted below) - the connection number increments in the order that you connect tools to the Error Message tool, so if you connected Date 2 first, it would have connection #1!

kelly_gilbert_0-1629241004423.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

I personally use action tools in my filter but for your error message request - see attached.2021-08-17 (1).png2021-08-17.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels