Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Equivalent to Paste Values (Removal of Formulas) - Input File

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi Alteryx team,

I have an input file with a lot of formula such as sum, equals, percentage multiply to amount, etc.  I want the file to be converted to another format (say, .dat file), but before that, I want all the formulas embedded in my file (or to a specific sheet) to be removed before converting to another file format.  Is Alteryx has the ability to paste values or remove formulas in the input file? I mean All formulas inside the file or sheet. Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @PassION_es 

Always excel will remove the formulas and consider the values only.

Please find the example below.

Input file Excel:

ShankerV_0-1669032054173.png

Alteryx:

ShankerV_1-1669032080424.png

Hope this answers your question.

Many thanks

Shanker V

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

hi @ShankerV , I am trying to convert an excel input file into .dat file format.  However, when there is a formula inside the excel, it won't generate or transfer the correct data into the .dat file.  I am aware that there's no need to convert formulas into values as Alteryx read it as values. The issue is that when I am not manually remove the formulas in excel before running the workflow to convert file to a different format (.dat file), it will generate wrong data into the .dat file. 

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PassION_es It seems to be fine in this simple example that I have. Is the file format that you are reading in a .xlsx or something else?

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Thank you @ShankerV @trsali .

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@PassION_es 

Welcome anytime, happy that my ideology helped you.

Feel free to make use of the community page anytime.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels