Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Entering a file path in the formula tool

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that someone helped me build and have been using it for months. All of a sudden today my files won't output at all. The workflow completes with no errors but there are no output files. The output is going to multiple excel files. Here is what it looks like: 

CherieACI_1-1623251592578.png

CherieACI_2-1623251614276.png

CherieACI_3-1623251695903.png

Your help is greatly appreciated! 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @CherieACI when you run the workflow, if you click on the output tool, what messages appear in the results window?

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

CherieACI_0-1623252452260.pngCherieACI_1-1623252472900.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@CherieACI hmmm that's weird, especially that the tool isn't erroring... Bit of a guess, but as you're writing to onedrive, is your connection up at the moment?

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

Yes, we have an identical workflow and it works fine. Question, when we use file path in the formula tool, the data path usually has something in there but this one is blank. Do you know why that would be? 

CherieACI_0-1623253462240.png

The other workflow that is identical and working as a file name in it: 

CherieACI_1-1623253539572.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@CherieACI the data preview shows the first row of data, so if it's blank then maybe there are no rows of data passing through the formula tool (which would also explain why there's no files being output)

CherieACI
8 - Asteroid

With your comment about no data passing to the formula tool, we worked our way backwards and found the error. We have a filter tool that was pulling from the true and should have been from the false! So, there was no data flowing to the formula tool! We made that change and everything worked fine! 

Thanks for your help!

Cherie 

Labels