Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Emulating Vlookup with Join

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Left side I have 2583 records, Right size I have 3778 records.

I am expecting an inner join  output to be the equivalent of a Vlookup without "#N/A" , as those would be either right or left output.

I am not able to get the exact count of what I get with a vlookup in Excel.

How can I ensure I get the same result of a VLOOKUP and filtering out N/A's in alteryx?

I cleaned the columns, make them uppercase and removed leading and trailing whitespace.

What can I do to replicate the vlookup properly? Could it be due to duplicates?

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @wonka1234 

It would be better to se your inputs, but it probably is due to duplicates. Try to put a unique tool before of the join to remove duplicates based on the key that is being used on the join 

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668448330074.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Used the unique on the vlookup cell/field... but getting less records then what we want. hmm this is odd

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

If using vlookup you are bringing data from table B to table A, remove the duplicates on the table B. 

You can look at the L/R anchors of the join to see what did not join and try to understand why

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@wonka1234 

Vlookup of B table to A table:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668449887381.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels