Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool: Sending emails based off a column where some fields have 2 email adresses

dmcrigger
5 - Atom

I currently have a column with email addresses that i am using as the 'To' field in the email tool. Some of the fields/cells have 2 email addresses and I am getting the error: 

'ComposerEmailInterface: Record #2 from field contains 2 entries' 

Is there way to send the email to 2 different email addresses in one cell or is Alteryx limited to just sending it to 1 email address per row?

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is generally fine - what are you using to separate the emails? Typically it should be a semi colon

dmcrigger
5 - Atom

The emails are separated by a ';' and no space.

I am not sure if it matters but the flow is sending about 350 different emails with attachments. I just want there to be more than one email in the 'TO' column based on my column

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yep, comma no spaces is how I do it as well! Check your records and make sure none have any extra space, incorrect punctuation, etc. - in this case focus on the 2nd record of your data passing into the tool

If you can send screenshots of configurations, that would also be helpful! The more the merrier

dmcrigger
5 - Atom

Thank you,
it seems that one field at the beginning of my run had a colon instead of a semi colon. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Makes sense!

Labels