Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool-Not supporting Body and attachment at the same time

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

I am sending attachment by using email tool in that i need to pick the most specific file to be sent after each run but if i have setup like that only body of the email has the link of recent file .In attachment i couldn't able to sent the attachment .Meanwhile same time i am not able to send the body and attachment.

Need help on email tool .

16 REPLIES 16
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It would go right after the Formula tool creating the File Name

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

Yes added block untill tool , but the same error getting again .

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like there’s no additional tool that’s doing my suggestion of clearing the sheet name from the full path - you can do this right before the Render tool so it doesn’t affect your Output Data stream. 

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

Hi Alex , As you said i have removed the sheet name before it goes to render and email tool. Now i can be able to send the body and attachment as a field without getting sheet name not specified error.

Thanks much Appreciating your quick help on this :)

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Glad it’s working!

sathyaKPMG
7 - Meteor

As you said i removed sheet name from file name it was working but today i have ran the workflow but render output not creating new file its just over writing on existing file based on what i have chosen like i have selected specific output in render tool .

So i have mapped output with output tool it is not working without sheet name mentioned.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like you added a Table tool before your Output Data - you cannot use the Reporting tools followed by a Output Data, only followed by a Render!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels