Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Editing a field

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Can someone help with the text input tool. I am new to alteryx, trying to clean the data by editing some rows in the spread sheet and inputting dummy values, how can i do that?

Error: Input Data (1): Error reading "C:\Users\GEORGESANI\Desktop\store\mrcons.csv": CSVFile: A field was missing a closing quote in record 254255

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
Hey @razzy

Can you post and example of what you're trying to achieve?

If you post your workflow and a sample of the data, someone will be able to figure it out for you
razzy
8 - Asteroid

Error: Input Data (1): Error reading "C:\Users\GEORGESANI\Desktop\DATASTORE\MRCONSO.csv": Too many fields in record #28115

razzy
8 - Asteroid

The problem was solved with the answer provided. Good job

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@razzy Glad we could help

razzy
8 - Asteroid

I am still having a problem with this editing.  I am joining two tables and i  am adjusting the delimiter as \0 because of the error of too many fields. No i am having another error missing field. Of which the column exists in both tables

First Error :Error: Input Data (2): Error reading "C:\Users\GEORGESANI\Desktop\DATASTORE\MRCONSO.csv": Too many fields in record #28115

Second Error after adjusting the delimiter  to \0

Error: Join (16): No fields or a different number of fields selected for Join

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels