Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamically skip junk rows/headers from data

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Hi All,

How to skip junk rows/headers coming at regular intervals in the data as rows dynamically.

Shabaz_1-1652188967556.png

In this, I would like remove the rows -,ID,- from this file whereas in the other file instead of -,ID,- it might be -,cocd,-. It has to be dynamic, I should hardcode.

Basically remove there junk rows where first column/row has hyphen, columnheader and hyphen.

I should get below output.

Shabaz_2-1652189008729.png

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Shaaz,

You could add a filter like this:

IraWatt_0-1652189370317.png

!Contains([ID], "-") AND !Contains([ID], "ID") 

It checks the ID column does not contain "-" or "ID". Any questions make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

DataNath
17 - Castor

Do your 'junk' records always start with '-,'? If so, the following should do the trick. If not, let me know and I'll take another look!

DataNath_0-1652189429674.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Shaaz you can also try with the Data Cleansing tool

binuacs_0-1652189973267.png

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Hi All,

The above solutions are manual.

I’m looking for a dynamic solution where each file will have different column name, it need not be ID always.

if a new file has Year as first column, then in data it will hyphen, Year, hyphen.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Shaaz the most dynamic approach I can think of is this:

IraWatt_0-1652193959655.png

Take the field names using the field info tool then join that onto the data, the right join wont contain any headers. The "-" I have to be done manually.

Labels