Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Extracting Tables from a single excel sheet and then Union them Manually

JashwanthK
6 - Meteoroid

Greetings of the day,

I have a very long excel spreadsheet wherein I have multiple tables separated by two blank rows at the end of each table. 
I want a way using which I can extract all these tables and union them manually to create a single large table.

I am attaching images of the input and expected output with the spreadsheet input file.  

Many thanks in advance for any answers and guidance,
Jashwanth Baba

11 REPLIES 11
Chantelb
9 - Comet

Hi Jashwanth,

You can easily filter out the blank rows by filtering out the null rows, for example put this in a filter tool: !IsNull([Column1]).

Then it just depends on the layouts of your tables to rename the column headers and filter out the column headers.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,

Chantel

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JashwanthK 

I have provided a sample WF that matches your output.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post/mark it as a solution.

JashwanthK
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response @Chantelb .The fields are sometimes shuffled, I would want to extract the tables with column names and then configure manual union to build a single table

JashwanthK
6 - Meteoroid

I want to dynamically extract the tables, the row count for each sub-table might change.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JashwanthK 

In the sample WF - there are 2 ways to achieve your output.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@JashwanthK , One way of doing this is selecting records using select records tools and then using Union to manually re arrange fields. Pleas find the solution attached and let me know if it helped:

Sapna Gupta
JashwanthK
6 - Meteoroid

@grazitti_sapna wrote:

@JashwanthK , One way of doing this is selecting records using select records tools and then using Union to manually re arrange fields. Pleas find the solution attached and let me know if it helped:

I want to do it dynamically, there are too many tables in the spreadsheet, so using select records is still a tedious task to perform

JashwanthK
6 - Meteoroid

@PanPP wrote:

Hi @JashwanthK 

In the sample WF - there are 2 ways to achieve your output.

Thanks for the response. The fields are sometimes shuffled, I would want to extract the tables with column names and then configure manual union to build a single table

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Please check if this works -

EN6924_0-1670830601228.png

Thanks

Labels