Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic tool help

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I am importing a file which has months as the columns' headers. Every month I receive the file and it contains all the previous months' data, but I only need the current month's data. How can I use a dynamic tool to get Alteryx to use the current month's data. I'm currently using the select tool to deselect the previous month and select the current one.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15
Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

This actually works, so thank you so much.

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

This works as well. Thank you all so much. 

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I have another question for you if you don't mind. I'm using vlookup formulas to bring into a different tab my Alteryx output. The output looks normal and has no #NAs. But when I bring the output data into the tab, I get #NAs whenever the ID number in the output consists only of numbers. When the ID number is a combination of numbers and letters, the output is fine. To get rid of the #NAs and get the real values in the new tab I have to use the "text to columns" excel feature. Is there an Alteryx tool I can use so that the values don't turn into #NAs once they're are brought into the new tab?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Are you copying and pasting into Excel? If so, Excel converts them into numbers. Export the data (or use output data tool) to keep the numbers as strings.

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I'm using formulas to transfer the data from the output tab to a new tab and the data is being exported as string already.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

These really are Excel questions.

The data must have gotten to Excel somehow. Your issue overall is that Excel is converting the information to a number somewhere. I'd suggest doing the "vlookup" in Alteryx anyway as it is much more accurate than Excel vlookup and lets you see any fallout.

Labels