Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic pivot where months change

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I've got some data and this is currently where I'm getting to. A simple pivot and formula to give me the month by month number of purchases with a total at the end.

TitleMonthPurchased
Cats can flyJan32
Cats can flyFeb4
Dogs are dogsJan53
Dogs are dogsFeb34
Dogs are dogsMar15
Dogs are dogsApr2

TitleJanFebMarAprTotal
Cats can fly324--36
Dogs are dogs5334152104

The issue I have though is that I'll be looking back at the previous 4 months from today, so each real-time month the actual months I'm looking at will change. Is there anything I can do to make this process still dynamically work when the data is coming in for say Aug, Jul, Sep and Oct? I feel like it's a basic question so apologies in advance if I've missed the obvious!

Thanks,

Danny

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Danny-Farrar the crosstab can also aggregate a total column and row which was introduced a few versions ago. I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

knew dynamic rename was in there somewhere but just couldn't get my head around how to work it - thanks so much @JosephSerpis !

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels