Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input tool error

pthathes
5 - Atom

Team,

I am getting below error while using the Dynamic Input tool to get the separate xlsx file from the multiple sheet.

Error: Dynamic Input (4): The file "C:\Users\pthathe1\Documents\Alteryx\Input\FSA.xlsx|||14M02" has a different schema than the 1st file in the set.

pthathes_0-1680692843355.png

Can anyone support to me to create the right work flow? if i am wrong.

The sample file i have attached below. In that 2 xls sheets available. I want to get those sheet in separate xlsx file. This is the sample file only, the actual file have 307 sheets.

Thanks..

Thathes. P

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @pthathes,

The problem within your flow is that your Column names, field types, or something else change in between the different sheets. The dynamic Input tool doesn't like this.

Instead you could use a batch macro to dynamicly read in sheets. There you can configure that the output schema is allowed to change between the different sheets. 

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

@pthathes,

See attached example Workflow. 

Important is this Output-Mode setting in the macro: 

FrederikE_0-1680694082032.png

pthathes
5 - Atom

Hi FrederikE,

Thanks for your response. The work flow has been made that both sheet records in same xls.

Sorry ,,, My expectation is that i want to get the sheet 1 as a separate xls. And the sheet2 also has to separate xls in a folder. The xls file name should be 14M01 & 14M02 in a folder

Thanks 

Thathes. P

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @pthathes 

Here's a version that reads all the sheets in an excel file and uses a macro to write them out to separate .xslx files

danilang_0-1680700574320.png

The main file just reads the list of sheet names from the file and builds a full path name with the sheet for each record and passes this to the control parameter of the batch macro

danilang_1-1680700669349.png

The macro itself takes the data in the control parameter and changes the file name to be the sheet name, deletes the extra fields and writes out the data using the new file name.

danilang_2-1680700816061.png

Dan

pthathes
5 - Atom

Dear Danilang,

Thank you so much for your wonderful support. Last four days i am searching for help who are expert in my organization. Finally, i got it from you.

Thanks

P. Thathes

Labels