Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input from user

temp
5 - Atom

Hi,

I need to update my sql query based on the user input from the list box.

Example: List box has options A,B,C,D,E,F,G

When user selects A, B then In the SQL query it should filter in the where clause in (A,B) and based on the user selections this where clause should change dynamically.

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
16 - Nebula

@temp 

Create a List Box Interface Tool: Add a List Box tool to your workflow. Configure it to display options A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and set it to allow multiple selections.

Read your SQL Data: Use an Input tool to read the data you want to filter using the SQL query.

Generate Dynamic SQL Query:

Connect the List Box tool to a "Formula" tool.

In the Formula tool, create a new field that dynamically generates the WHERE clause based on the user selections. You can use a formula like this:
"IF [ListBoxField] = "A" THEN "A" ELSEIF [ListBoxField] = "B" THEN "B" ELSEIF [ListBoxField] = "C" THEN "C" ... ENDIF"

4.Filter Data: Connect the Formula tool to a "Filter" tool. Use the dynamically generated WHERE clause field as the condition in the Filter tool.

5.Output the Filtered Data: Connect the Filter tool to an Output tool to save or further process the filtered data.

temp
5 - Atom

But its difficult to write the formula for all possible combinations

temp
5 - Atom

Can anyone help me with the workflow.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels