Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input - Sheet not specified

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Hello,

I am trying to update a workflow to create a new report type. I am using dynamic input tool and have specified a sheet but, I am getting an error when running the workflow. I have posted a screenshot below (I edited out any sensitive information like the user on the file pathway and the data in the screenshot, hence why it is blank).

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

10 REPLIES 10
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

After the .xlsx you'll need to include the |||<Sheet Name Here>.  You can fix it by adding a formula tool before it with [FullPath]+"|||`<Sheet Name Here>`". 

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Hi @cjaneczko,

I do not need the file path in a formula as it is already present in the data beforehand. Also, I have already tried the triple pipe "|||" after the file extension to specify a sheet. Doing that only updates this: 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 102632.png

After which, refreshing the configuration window or running the workflow removes the "|||".

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Have a look at this thread where other users had the same issue. A formula tool prior to the dynamic input should resolve this error.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/No-sheet-specified-you-must-sp...

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@CSmith16 Can you share your dynamic input tool configuration?

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @CSmith16.

Does the attached yxzp help?

It's an example I made to read in data and load it into a Dynamic Input tool.

If you want to run the workflow, you may also want to download the extra Excel file I attached.

CSmith16
9 - Comet

@binuacs 

You mean like this? (I've obscured the data in the preview window) 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 120018.png

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Hi @acarter881,

The workflow works isolated on its own. I have swapped the files on your provided workflow to the ones I would need in my workflow. I am going to test this out on the actual workflow after lunch and will let you know. Thanks for your help man.

CSmith16
9 - Comet

@acarter881 

I can only get it to work in that isolated workflow. In my org's workflow, it is not working still. I have reached out to our contact at Alteryx and have some time scheduled with them next week. I have tried every solution available, but because of what the workflow is and what we need out of it, I can't use the Directory tool, nor can I use a specific file path and add "|||<Sheet>" in a formula tool. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@CSmith16  I mean the below con figuration

Screenshot 2023-06-30 045650.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels