Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Directory Tool Compatibility with Google Drive?

alevin
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a use case where I need to extract the most recent file from a Google Drive folder. I understand this can be done with a Directory tool to extract file metadata; however, this workflow needs to be ran from Server. I need a way to allow the Directory tool to access my credentials in DCM to get to the files in the Google Drive when the workflow is ran on server, but I do not see a solution for this. Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
16 - Nebula

have you checked  Google Drive Input Tool (alteryx.com)
i think this can help you.

alevin
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Raj,

Yes I have that tool as well, but it doesn't allow for a dynamic input - meaning, if I want to import the most recent file in a folder where new files are being added each month, I have to tell the Google Drive Input tool explicitly what file to import. For this use case, I need it to be dynamic and pull the most recent one added rather than a static file. 

sofi_vijkat
5 - Atom

Hi Alevin - I am curious if you got to an answer here?

sofi_vijkat
5 - Atom

Hi Alevin - Were you able to get to an answer here?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@sofi_vijkat there are two answers here:

1) using a mapped google drive (locally) - yes. easy. use the directory tool.

2) using a non-mapped google drive - no. you would need to code this in python using the google drive api.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels