Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Decode latin characters

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Is there a tool or a way to encode Latin characters. I am currently using a base64 encode macro that I found on another thread. However when I try to encode a õ, I am returned a value that encodes to o which is not acceptable in what I am trying to accomplish.

2 REPLIES 2
JoeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I could be mistaken here, but BASE64 only allows you to use 64 characters, which is why it's coming back as "o".

The tables can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64

It's effectively upper and lower case letters, numbers 0-9 and a plus and forward slash.

What is it you are looking to achieve with encoding and decoding? Could you use a different way of encoding it?

AZuc
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@garretwalters12 

I'm not sure about what you need (how data is coming in, how to you need to output the data), but you can try the function I used in this piece of workflow

AZuc_0-1636561596487.png

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels