Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date

Alwin21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I’m trying to create exception reporting where if a file was released on 1/2/2022 from Event tracking Report and it’s not reflected on Disposition Report on the day it was released or after 3 days it was released, then it will be an exception.

I just need assistance what formula or expression should I use in order for me to get that.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Alwin21 

ISO date format is YYYY-MM-DD

You need to convert "1/2/2022" to 2022-01-02 with:

DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%m/%d/%Y")

if the date is February 1st then:

DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%d/%m/%Y")

Then you can add 3 days with:

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%m/%d/%Y"),3,"days")

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Alwin21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your response below. I just wanna follow up another question coz what I am trying to Say is that to build a expression or formula to get the files where the release date from Event Report should show up to Disposition Report on the day it was released or after 3 days it was released. I think a condition if else will be needed to build the formula. Thank you

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Alwin21 

Do you have some sample data? If you're using a directory tool, you could place a filter after and use a condition like the below to get all files from the last 3 days. I'd urge you to check out this page on datetime functions and give it a go yourself. If you can share sample data/what you've tried in alteryx we can help you further. https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/datetime-functions

[CreationTime]>=Datetimeadd(datetimetoday(),-3,'days')

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels