Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date

Alwin21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I’m trying to create exception reporting where if a file was released on 1/2/2022 from Event tracking Report and it’s not reflected on Disposition Report on the day it was released or after 3 days it was released, then it will be an exception.

I just need assistance what formula or expression should I use in order for me to get that.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Alwin21 

ISO date format is YYYY-MM-DD

You need to convert "1/2/2022" to 2022-01-02 with:

DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%m/%d/%Y")

if the date is February 1st then:

DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%d/%m/%Y")

Then you can add 3 days with:

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([Release Date],"%m/%d/%Y"),3,"days")

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Alwin21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your response below. I just wanna follow up another question coz what I am trying to Say is that to build a expression or formula to get the files where the release date from Event Report should show up to Disposition Report on the day it was released or after 3 days it was released. I think a condition if else will be needed to build the formula. Thank you

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Alwin21 

Do you have some sample data? If you're using a directory tool, you could place a filter after and use a condition like the below to get all files from the last 3 days. I'd urge you to check out this page on datetime functions and give it a go yourself. If you can share sample data/what you've tried in alteryx we can help you further. https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/datetime-functions

[CreationTime]>=Datetimeadd(datetimetoday(),-3,'days')

Labels