Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date range issue

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to filter 1,544 results for the next 2 weeks.  However the filter doesn't produce the correct results.  What am I doing incorrectly?

14 REPLIES 14
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think you want to flip the sign! Here's my quick example that works:

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Well this didn't work. Better but not quite. Sigh

[Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(), 20,'days')

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You need a condition to also exclude anything older than today then - [Next Cardio Appt]>DateTimeToday()

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

does this come after the previous one?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please check the attachment - technically doesn't matter though.

I do also recommend being more thankful - "well this didn't work" elicits a negative response generally on the Community.

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I'm sorry.  Yes, you have been very helpful.  I was just sad that it wasn't an instant fix.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sounds like it's fixed now then, so if that's the case please make sure to accept the response that worked best as a solution. Thank you!

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Okay, I have no clue what is wrong now.  

[Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(), 20,'days')-[Next Cardio Appt]<DateTimeToday()

Filter (45) Parse Error at char(58): Formula: invalid type in subtraction operator

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Why did you change the AND in my most recent attachment to a subtraction? Also it looks like you flipped the "great than" to "less than"

This is the full statement in that attachment: [Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),14,'days') AND [Next Cardio Appt]>DateTimeToday()

Labels