Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DataWrap2ODBC Error: Value too long for character type(5) (PostgreSQL)

ljkauffm
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I've been working on a project for work that requires uploading raw data from multiple iterations of the same survey, splitting the data up into tables such as a questions table, response table, and others, and then adding the tables into our user databases. For the first two surveys I've uploaded, I was able to eventually output the data successfully, but for the third now, I'm having issues with the error within the subject of this post: DataWrap2ODBC Error: Value too long for character type(5) (which then lists out all of my columns). It's for the response table, with some questions having variable length free response answers. Although I've used auto field tools to ensure that the field sizes are set successfully, I still get the error. I did get the error on the first survey, as well, but I had to refill the tables, so I decided to use the Overwrite Table (Drop) option and the error went away. Now, all I'm trying to do is append the new data from the third survey into these now functioning tables, but I am currently unable to do so for my response table. Any help, please? The database is based in PostgreSQL.

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels