Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Preparation for an SQL Databse

mihainegru
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new with Alteryx and I've been going around this problem to prepare my data for a Tableau Dashboard. I have an SQL database as a data source. I have been mostly working with excel files until and I am sure my lack of knowledge with relational databases is making my life harder.

So I have three tables: Project Table(containing information about the project and an ID), Status Update table (the ID of the project, reporting date and several KPI indicators), Project timeline( ID of the project, reporting date, and the different phases of the project). What I need to is to create a view that shows the following fields:

Reporting Date Project name Status Project Start Phase 1 Phase 2...Phase 6

My problem here is to somehow transpore the project phases into columns and display the dates according to the project ID and the reporting date.

I have uploaded an excel which represents my database. 

Could anyone here help me with how I can solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Mihai

3 REPLIES 3
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I am attaching the module, i guess this will help your problem.

As per your excel file there are three sheets and i have taken three inputs for each induvidual sheets and with some joins and cross tab tried to meet your requirement. 

project.JPG

mihainegru
5 - Atom

Hello Vishwa,

Thank you so much. Can I ask you what settings you used for CrossTab?

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

In header select Project phase field and for data select gate planned date and remaining column fields will be selected as grouping columns. You can also open the workflow attached and see all the settings.

Labels