Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DCM on an App and within a batch macro

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I am working with 2022.1 still unfortunately,  But I think this is more about the inflexibility of the SharePoint Input Tool (2.4.1) that the designer/server version.  I am using DCMs for SharePoint Input, regular Input (connected to databricks) and SharePoint output.

I have built an App where I have a SharePoint Input Tool that reads in all file names from a folder.  (see screenshots).  The app interface has the user apply filter on the name for 'MM.yyyy' as the files are named that way and this app is for a month-specific process.  Formula tool constructs the sheet name as it is always the same as the file name.

Then the  info proceeds into the macro, which has a SharePoint Input Tool that grabs each file name and sheet name and updates the SP Input to run each file through a wide array of filters/formulas/summarizations (not shown in screenshot) and creates consolidated output of "findings" for that month. 

It runs on my desktop without issue, but when I try to load it to server it doesn't find getting loaded on there.  It will spin in workflow results window for literally hours.

I dont know if it is a server issue, a DCM issue, a macro issue.  The error I have seen on server after I cancel it's load is: "There was an unknown error executing the application.  The engine reported status failure".  Gotta love a generic error message.  

Has anyone seen these types of issues that could possibly point me to a solution?  I will take suggestions or thoughts.  Doesnt have to be a fully formed solution at this point.  Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels