Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Custom values

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi team. 

I have A column with formula in excel and if the value changes in B and C column then values in A column will change.

Now, I want to give values either in B or C columns to check how much the value is changing in A column. please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Inactive User
Not applicable

I want to give custom values like if I change the value in B column how A column will change..... if it is done in interactive tool, please help me.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Inactive User,

If all you want to do is apply a formula to new data why not just use a formula in Alteryx and then output the results?

IraWatt_0-1656416674200.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you just want users typing in values then you could also use an Alteryx App:

IraWatt_1-1656416767770.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

@IraWatt Yes that is what I am looking for. Please help me with the workflow or which tool have you used 

Thanks in advance

Inactive User
Not applicable

I am looking to do it in app. Please help me on that

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Inactive User,

I've attached the example App. I would definitely recommend checking out these videos on the community to fully understand how they work, its only about 1 hour of content: Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community Apps.

Click this button to run in Designer:

IraWatt_0-1656419557786.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

@IraWatt Definetly I will go through the videos. Thank you so much for the help and going extra by providing the link to watch necessary videos

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Inactive User ! If you have any other questions please ask, If not make sure to leave a green solution tick 😄

Labels