Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create one Excel Output File with several sheets?

horth007
7 - Meteor

Hi All

I have a problem to create one excel fiel with three sheets. Currently, I do the following

Creation of three Excel workbooks via formula and the following name definition:

1) German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification Reports\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [First_Pay Date]+" Germany Scope and Summary.xlsx||Scope Check summary"

2)German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification Reports\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [Pay Date]+" Germany Details.xlsx|Details"

3)German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification Reports\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [Pay Date ] +" Germany ERROR REPORT TO CHECK.xlsx|Error CHECK"

Finally threee excel wokrbook wil be created, with specific named sheet. But I would like to receive one workbook with three sheet instead of:

German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification Reports\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [Pay Date ] +" Germany Summary.xlsx with the sheets 1) Scope check summary 2) Details 3)Error CHECK

The Block Until Done is not working, as the Information are prepared via different steams....

How the output file must be configured to ensure this?

Thanks a lot....

11 REPLIES 11
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @horth007 

Use the below just before the output tools.

Configure the output tools as:

Capture.PNG

For:

\\euro\dfs$\Digitalization\Alteryx Tools\German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification File\2022-05-18 Pay Date 2022-05-16 Germany Summary.xlsx|||Scope and Summary

"\\euro\dfs$\Digitalization\Alteryx Tools\German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification File\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [First_Pay Date]+" Germany Summary.xlsx"

+"|||Scope and Summary"

For:

\\euro\dfs$\Digitalization\Alteryx Tools\German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification File\2022-05-18 Pay Date 2022-05-16 Germany Summary.xlsx|||Details

"\\euro\dfs$\Digitalization\Alteryx Tools\German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification File\"

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [Pay Date]+" Germany Summary.xlsx"

+"|||Details"

For:

\\euro\dfs$\Digitalization\Alteryx Tools\German Austrian Distribution\Output Verification File\2022-05-18 Pay Date 2022-05-16 Germany Summary.xlsx|||ERROR Report to check

+DateTimeToday() + " Pay Date " + [Pay Date]+" Germany Summary.xlsx"

+"|||ERROR Report to check"

horth007
7 - Meteor

Hello @HomesickSurfer Unfortunately, not working and only one sheet will be written in the file.

But I also do not have the option, "Overwrite sheet or range", as I am still on Alteryx version 2019.4.8.22007. Not sure if this could be source of the problem?

However, when the output folder is empty, I can use output option "Create New Sheet". Then on workbook will several sheets will be prepared.

The only downsize, I cannot re-run on the same date without error (or deleting the fiels from the output folder) and these bak files will be prepared in addition:

2022-05-18 Pay Date 2022-05-16 Germany Summary.xlsx.bak

2022-05-18 Pay Date 2022-05-16 Austria Summary.xlsx.bak

Not sure if there is any possibility to solve this?

Labels