Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copying the Contents and Format to an Excel with Multiple Sheets

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your help if it is possible to create a workflow that would copy the contents of the file to another excel file with multiple tabs/sheets. It is quite complicated and seems to be different since you are showing the data in formatted type. Below is the example of what it should look like:

xxxx.PNG

See attached sample input file. I hope someone would show me how to do this.

Looking forward

Kamen

15 REPLIES 15
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider @Using python is an other option in Alteryx, which I never tried, my question is there any differences with your input and output files? Bcoz you are taking the value from the formatted input file and writing to the same formatted output file

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Unfortunately, i don't know how to create it from python. Do you have a program of it?

Yes, technically they are the same. It is like copying it using Alteryx. Do you have any easy way of doing it using Alteryx? Note that in my output file, i have several sheet names and the is one to be added in the file.

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI @binuacs 

Just checking if you have the solution to my request. Please advise.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider when you read the pre-formatted input file using the input file tool the data will be in a different format and scattered. Arranging the data in an order requires more effort and more tools which makes the workflow more complicated and complex because each section of the input file needs to be read separately and processed and when you write into the output template again also needs more effort. What I understood was you just need a copy of the template with data which is similar to the save-as option in the Excel file. If that is the case you can write an Excel macro or some script and call it from Alteryx 

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Thank you for the response. While your ideas is good, unfortunately I am not a programmer to code. Do you know someone who has this kind of process to copy the contents of the file including the format?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider try the below tool, it should work. Let me know if you see any issues with the tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/File-Copying-and-Moving/td-p/5...

Labels